Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The reason of the trees in PJ's

I knew you would want to know more about those trees.
They got dressed by mid January. They stand in Aix en Provence's main street, and I go there quite often.
I discovered them on a Friday night, I thought I was dreaming, a bit like Alice in Wonderland, when I saw all those trees in polka dots. And they made me smile. By the way, they are wrapped into strips of knit fabrics.

Their reason is MP2013 
Marseille Provence, European Capital of Culture for 2013

You can see the details if you click the link above.

Although I was tempted to go, I did not attend the opening night, too many people, too complicated to drive there, too busy with other stuff, and my personal kitchen grand opening on the same weekend.
I heard it was a big success, and that the people enjoyed it.
It will last a whole year, not only in Marseille, but also in Aix en Provence, in Arles, etc, with many exhibitions, on the streets or in museums. I intend to catch up next month, and share pictures with you.

3 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

This will be interesting to see how it evolves, what you see etc. Thanks for the update.

neki desu said...

maybe i should drop by.....

Remington said...

The trees were so awesome....