Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sitges, continued

One of my favorites in Sitges: Elly Sienkiewicz.
I like her appliques so much.
There were beautiful Baltimore albums to look at.
I'm fascinated by some Baltimore albums, because I like appliqué, and also because they tell a story.
The quilts by Elly Sienkiewicz have even more dimensions. They are all beautifully made.
Great work!
You can see more here. And do browse YouTube for some videos.



And a nice surprise: Ferret.
I was very impressed when I entered the room where she was showing her works. They are powerful.
A lot of work goes in them, they are big, and also beautifully made.
And she is very nice, and a bit "out of the norm". You don't expect a gothic looking lady making quilts, don't you? Nor a Rockstar turned into quilt?
You can see more here.

7 comments:

Bassetmomma said...

Those appliques by Elly are beautiful and the Ferret quilts are amazingly different and stunning! Happy Earth Day!

georgia little pea said...

It's hard to believe the ferret work is quilting! they look like paintings!

neki desu said...

elly's are among my faves

nikkipolani said...

That detailed work is amazing. I love the delicate story-telling and rich colours.

Beth said...

AMAZING! BEAUTIFUL!

Kirsten (peacefuldog) said...

That sure is a beautiful quilt! Makes me feel relaxed just to look it it.

Rosemary said...

Beautiful work