Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Abstract, me ?

you must be kidding!
Alisa Burke invited us to go abstract. Starting with ramdom patches of colors, adding doodles, highlights, etc.
I find it very, very hard. The first four pictures are the four stages of my abstraction. In as many days. And I'm going nowhere! To the point that I ended emptying and cleaning a closet tonight, instead of going abstract... When you know my dislike of cleaning, you realize how bad my abstraction is... I really can't let go. Sigh...



However, when I look at the last current stage, I have flashes from Uluru. So maybe I'll end with something after all...
Another challenge was to let the paint drip. Much more comfortable and fun. On Sunday, I had this.
On Monday, while walking to work, I saw that bird flying over me. Right in the middle of the city. It inspired this little sketch. I'm not satisfied with the result, too dark, too heavy, but I like it anyway. I'll use that technique again, for sure.
What are you doing right now? I hope that it makes you happy, whatever it is.

P.S. Drop by Susan. She is writing about her Christmas in Paris, and you'll love her posts.

12 comments:

Bassetmomma said...

That bird looks great!

georgia little pea said...

I can sense your abstraction. Or do I mean DIStraction? Shades of Uluru :)

I like what you did with the drip.

I'm actually having quite an enjoyable morning reading other peoples' posts on the Challenge. More fun than I thought it would be, for sure, though my neck and back are now killing me from sitting on a bad computer chair for too long.

Have a good day Vero :) x

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I love how your drawing evolved. A lot of people paint random colors on their journal pages and then add less abstract items to it. This one turned out beautifully.

nikkipolani said...

Abstract is a lot harder than one would expect. As an analytical type, abstract art is impossible for me to create. I might describe some of your style as expressionistic... what do you think?

neki desu said...

like your abstractions and think that if you keep at it they'll become freer . thanks for the blog link, enjoying the photos very much!

Unknown said...

That's really cool!! The bird is gorgeous!

startare said...

Super impressionnée par tes oeuvres. A quand une expo?

Remington said...

You are VERY talented, my friend!

blandina said...

What you made is very nice.
I lost my courage and I am not following the program, but I am pleased to see what you do.

Kerri said...

Vero, your bird is wonderful! The 'dripping' background looks like a lovely sunset. I think your picture has turned out beautifully.

I too can see shades of Uluru in your 3rd abstact :)

Rosemary said...

Impressed

Rosemary said...

Impressed