Sunday, May 8, 2011

It is supposed

to be a rose bush, not a climbing one, at least, it is what the label said. It does not seem to care...

neither do I... unless it grows so much it takes all the width of the path.
This happens twice a year. I either trim it, or move the containers across it.

Thank you for your comments on baby items.
As you can imagine, my sister and I are quite thrilled :-) This little boy will be the first of the next generation.
I know she is knitting and embroidering, while I'm sewing and knitting as well.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Unknown said...

The roses are blooming well. It's hard to see big, healthy, bright coloured roses, I think it's the weather. It's too hot for roses to grow in tropical countries. Well, I may be wrong as I don't have any green fingers with me : )
The little boy is a lucky one! He gets all the best clothes and blankies in the world

nikkipolani said...

Beautiful vibrant red blooms, Vero!

In your warm climate, some roses will surprise you with amazing vigor. It's pretty common that a rose described as 4 feet tall will likely grow to 5 or 6 feet in California.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

That is one beautiful rose bush. I would invite it into my garden too if I were you.

Unknown said...

Hi Veronique - thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving your lovely comment!

Wow! Those roses are the most amazing colour! Just gorgeous!!

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

Wally said...

I know how frustrating it can be when plants don't read their labels!