Sunday, February 13, 2011

Spring?

Thank you ladies for your comments. I'm always so happy to read them.
Nikkipolani, the embroidered part is about 15cmx15cm.

Magpie and Sarah, I'm glad you liked The King's Speech too.
This week, I went to see Black Swan. Another atmosphere indeed...

The weather has been nice yesterday again. I did a lot of cleaning. Now I have to get rid of the wastes. Among them, a wicked, mean, running rose. With stem several meters long. And since I don't have a direct access from most of my garden to the street, without going though my house, I'm not that thrilled. Let's hope the weather remains my friend, and I can use the chopper next weekend. And take my revenge on that rose (for the moment, my arms and fingers are rather bloody...).

To end on a nicer note:
Viola odorata, they seem to like the front garden and welcome me with their scent.
DSC01918
Kalanchoe thyrsiflora. This is the first time I have one, and find it so funny.
DSC01928

I wish you a wondeful week!

8 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

That succulent is pretty. I does grow in an unusual way. I too have been in the garden today to get a start on spring cleaning.

Sarah Craig said...

Did you like the Black Swan? I've been thinking about going to see it, but not sure - it looks like it could be depressing!

Unknown said...

Those greens in your garden surely show you that spring is coming. The plant is so unique and beautiful. I have never seen this plant before.
Hope you're feeling better by now too.

Rosemary said...

So nice to see all the green

nikkipolani said...

Well, it certainly looks like spring! Love all those violas in your garden. So sweet and cherry. Thanks for the sizing information of your roses in bloom.

Shirley Goodwin said...

Love those wee scented violets. Did you enjoy Black Swan? It looked quite unsettling from the scenes I saw.

Arran, Arthur and Mum said...

What a very cool and unusual plant!
Mum saw Black Swan. She liked it, but agreed, very different!

Krafty Girl said...

Spring is coming soon. I like seeing the green. We still have white snow and everything is still brown. Can't wait to see some green here. I hope soon.