Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sewing!

When I woke up this morning, I was full of energy: It is our National Day in France, so I'm not working, besides I did sleep (it is so hot that I can't go to bed at night, and wake up early most days. Yesterday I was exhausted, went to bed early and slept until 6 this morning, I was soooo pleased). Anyway, what was I going to do? The appliqueds dolls were tempting. On the other hand, I need some dresses for summer. I found this pattern . It looked easy and quick.
It was indeed. Only a few seams, no darts, only two pieces to trace, wondeful.

DSC01642
Pattern Description:
Dress in jersey .
Le buste est ample avec un beau tombé couture façon bénitier sous les bras, la taille est coulissée élastique et le bas de forme crayon, long sous le genou, lui confère beaucoup d'allure.
Sorry folks, I don't have the translation...I sounds very good in French.
Pattern Sizing:
42
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Very much the same
Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes, only a few seams
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Very few seams: a dress with some character, without the trouble to sew it.
Fabric Used:
cotton lycra stretch
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
None
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes and Yes
Conclusion:
I wanted a dress quickly, with a minimum of effort, it was the perfect pattern (sewed in less than 5 hours)

The other good feature of this pattern is that it requires a double-needle. I tried double-needles on strecth twice, but the results were not good at all and left me frustrated. In the meantime, I had purchased a stretch double-needle and double-checked the documentation of my machine. Surprise, there is a special setting for double-needles... And this morning, it was a pleasure to work with it. From now on, there will be more double-needle finishing on my clothes!

3 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Happy Batille Day.Nothing like a day off to get you revved up to do a project. This dress is great. I love the pattern. I am also glad for you that you figured out how to use the double needles.

neki desu said...

happy july 14th!!
go out and storm the town :)

Anonymous said...

Your choice of fabric here is perfect. Love it!