Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter jacket - V8538

No, no, I'm not gone yet. I was just working on a big project, to present to my sister for Easter. So I could not post about it until she had opened the gift, and she always wait until the due date to do so...

So she opened it yesterday, and here it is:






Pattern Description:
Loose-fitting jacket in two lengths has collar, dropped shoulders, long sleeves with slits, side front pockets and slightly shaped hemline. A: unlined, decorative topstitching and VELCRO® closures. B: partially lined with contrast fabric and snap closures.
Pattern Sizing:
AA(6-8-10-12), EE(14-16-18-20). I made 14
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes
I did view A, with all the embroidery.
May be next time I'll do view B with the contrast...

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes they were, and very instructive. THis is a rather large project, where it is important to do the steps in the right order.
All the little tips that make the pattern special were well explained.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
The uniqueness of the finished item. You can't make two exactly the same.
Besides, it is fun to make and to see the project growing into a beautiful piece.

Fabric Used:
Linen
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I hate velcro, so I did not use it.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I made this one for my sister, and I think I'll make one for me, when I see a fabrics that screams "me! me!"
Conclusion:
The pattern made me feel like an artist :-)
I highly recommend it.

6 comments:

Rosemary said...

Your sister is very lucky to recieve this jacket, love the embellishments.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

This looks like a fancy artist's jacket. The embroidery on the jacket just makes it so unique. I am sure your sister feels like a queen wearing it.

nikkipolani said...

I really like the collar and the stitching on it. And it looks comfy!

Wanda said...

Oh wow...this is awesome! And I agree...make one for yourself too!!

Anonymous said...

Anything.

Anonymous said...

I can look for the reference to a site with a large quantity of articles on a theme interesting you.