Sunday, October 7, 2007

Growing, no sorry, Sewing vegetables

At the shop, we have all started a quilt with vegetables. They are sewed on a paper support. Not necessarily an easy method for me, I just cannot think in mirror :-). For the moment, I have an egg plant, a tomato (not sure I will keep it, must see how it looks among the other vegetables) and peppers.

I'm working on a lettuce. With curved seams... I'm not working on paper for this one, as I cannot figure how to manage mirror sewing and curved seams. So I'm "simply" piecing it together. There are little arrows on the pattern for this one, so I figure they show the grain. Another reason for piecing. I hope I can post the result soon.

5 comments:

Sisah said...

Sewing vegetables, that makes a change :-) They look wonderful, especially the peppers!

JoWynn Johns said...

Looks like so much fun! I look forward to seeing your progress. And I enjoyed the tour of your garden.

Unknown said...

I love the eggplant--it's so beautiful that you should definitely keep it! (If it doesn't look good with the other veggies, perhaps you could just make it its own quilt?)

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

Your work is so beautiful and inspiring, I just have to try it!

Muum said...

it is great to see your creations, I love the veggies.